1) Discuss homework question. (10 – 15 min)
2) Introduction to ArcGIS, how to make a map. (15 – 20 min)
3) 2nd mini-discussion, “How can this possibly help your advocacy project, either in research or content generation? What geographic datasets/layers would you need to add value to your project?” (10-15 minutes)
4) Composing & Sharing (Rest of class)
Homework: read ‘Achieving the Illusion of Agency’
Write a blog post to work out some discussion points regarding the following questions:
- Do you think that a story becomes more interactive if it offers more choices for the reader? Does this change upon reading the article?
- Do you agree with Murray’s definition of agency? Why or why not? Do you believe that any of the other provided definitions fit better in the given context?
- Did you find any of the results of the study unexpected or odd? Why or why not?
- Which do you believe is more important for a branching narrative: the number of choices or the impacts of the choices?